The 1931 Bugatti Royale Kellner Coupe was sold for $8.7 million in 1987. That and many others won’t be included in this list, they are no longer available in the market.
If you can afford it, you would probably invest a small fraction of that on a bevy of supercars for your garage. Here are 10 of the most expensive street legal production cars on the market (at least 2 available); concept cars are not included.
1. Lamborghini Veneno $3,900,000. The Veneno gets you from 0 to 60 mph in a swift 2.8 seconds allowing you to hit a top speed of 221 mph. Only three cars are being made available every year. If you want to own this hyper-supercar, you will have to be placed on a waiting list along with other aficionados.
2. Bugatti Veyron Super Sports $2,400,000. This is by far the most expensive street legal production car available on the market today (the base Veyron costs $1,700,000). Capable of reaching 0-60 mph in 2.5 seconds, the Veyron is the fastest street legal car when tested again on July 10, 2010 with the 2010 Super Sport Version reaching a top speed of 267 mph (430 km/h). When competing against a Bugatti Veyron, you better be prepared!
There is a tie for #3!
3. Aston Martin One-77 $1,850,000. The name "One-77" says it all: beauty and power in One, limited to 77 units. With 750 hp, it is able to go from 0 to 60 mph in 3.4 seconds with a maximum speed of 220 mph (354 km/h).
3. Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster $1,850,000. One of the most exotic cars out there is also one of the most expensive. It can go from 0-60 mph in 3.4 seconds with a top speed of 217 mph (349 km/h).
4. Lamborghini Reventon $1,600,000. The most powerful and the most expensive Lamborghini ever built takes third place on the list. It reaches 60 mph in 3.3 seconds from 0, to go with a top speed of 211 mph (339 km/h). Its rare (limited to 20) and slick design are reasons why it is expensive and costly to own.
4. Koenigsegg Agera R $1,600,000. The Agera R goes from 0-60 mph in 2.8 seconds, reaching a maximum speed of 260 mph (418 km/h). It is capable of reaching 270 mph, but this supercar is electronically limited to 235 mph (378 km/h). You will need to sign a waiver, only then does the company unlock the speed limiter.
5. Maybach Landaulet $1,380,000. The Landaulet is the most expensive sedan on the market and it can go from 0-60 mph in 5.2 seconds. It is one the most luxurious cars ever made, this comes with a convertible roof that fully opens at the rear. This Maybach is made especially for CEOs and Executives who have their own personal driver.
6. Zenvo ST1 $1,225,000. Able to reach 60 mph in 2.9 seconds and a top speed of 233 mph (375 km/h). The Zenvo ST1 is from a new Danish supercar company that will compete to be the best in speed and style. The ST1 is limited to 15 units and the company even promised "flying doctors" to keep your car running.
7. Hennessey Venom GT Spyder $1,100,000. What makes the 2013 Hennessey Venom GT Spyder is its price tag, a compelling 1.1 million dollars. There is no other convertible in the world today that can match-up with this car. Not to mention that it goes from 0-60 mph in 2.5 seconds.
8. McLaren F1 $970,000. In 1994, the McLaren F1 was the fastest and most expensive car. Even though it was built more than 15 years ago, it still has an unbelievable top speed of 240 mph (386 km/h) and reaching 60 mph in 3.2 seconds. Even today, the McLaren F1 is still top on the list and outperforms other supercars.
9. Ferrari Enzo $670,000. The most popular supercar ever built. The Enzo has a top speed of 217 mph (349 km/h) and able to go from 0 to 60 mph in 3.4 seconds. Only 400 were produced and it is currently being sold for over $1,000,000 at auctions.
10. Pagani Zonda C12 F $667,321. Produced by a small independent company in Italy, the Pagani Zonda C12 F is the 8th most expensive car in the world. It promises to deliver a top speed of 215 mph (346 km/h) and go from 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds.